1. Need an on premise optionThe Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM portal (previously Adxstudio Portal) is no longer available for any on premise instances of Dynamics 365/CRM or third party hosted instances. The Microsoft portal is also not available to be run on premise itself, which results in fewer customization and development options (read on).
2. Need better customization/development optionsCustomizing your web portal for Dynamics 365/CRM is an important feature in engaging your customers and constituents and providing the experience they expect. The Microsoft portal has limitations related to portal customization, development, and custom coding. For example, the Microsoft Dynamics 365 portal does not provide any options for building your own ASPX pages. Building a site by only using the configuration based features and Liquid capabilities is limiting. Adxstudio Portals 7 is an option but requires using an older version. Additionally, Adxstudio Portals isn’t the easiest solution to customize. From that perspective, it truly is an ‘Enterprise’ level solution. Finally, you could look at the Portal Connector which provides a more capable development option, but requires using a third party content management solution.
3. You are not an Enterprise level customerThe Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM portal is only available to customers running the Enterprise Edition Plan 1 business apps. So, if you are a small to midsized business who wants an easily configured/customized portal to extend Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM, you need to look further.
4. AffordabilityUnderstanding Microsoft licensing can feel like a graduate level topic. As previously stated, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition Plan 1 customers get one production portal with their subscription. Each additional production portal is $500 a month. There are also costs for going over one million page views a month. For Dynamics 365 Business Edition (small and midsized business) customers, the only Microsoft option would be to move up to the Enterprise Edition. Alternatively, the Portal Connector costs $14,995. Neither is affordable. Enterprise customers needing a single portal and who can utilize the out-of-the-box templates have an option. Those who want a more customized solution (already discussed) or need more than one portal may want to look for other options. We recently worked with a customer needing upwards of 100 portals. This would equate to a monthly fee (at listed prices) of $49,500 for the Microsoft solution.
There is another option!Thankfully, there is another option! Here are four quick reasons to look at Peak Portals for Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM.
- An easily and highly customizable portal solution for Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM. Want to see how easy? Contact us today and we’ll walk you through how to install, configure, and customize in just 15 minutes.
- Portals available for current and older versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- On-premise deployment options for a Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM portal.
- Numerous pricing options from monthly subscriptions starting at $99 per month to affordable enterprise options. Check out our pricing now.